Friday 8 March 2013

"My First Lapbook"

Just a quick post today, but I had to share...

Super proud Mummy here: Youngest has completed his first ever lapbook, as started in Wednesday's post, Farty Arty.  He only took two days to do it, which was a deliberate ploy on my part as he can be impatient (he has only two settings: super-fast and focused, or asleep!) so I felt it was important for his first experience of lapbooking to not take him too long.  I was especially proud as he's not really done any "proper" writing before (I tried him on a 'learning to write' workbook a while ago, but he wasn't interested)  I'm not interested in pressuring him to write asap, but thought I'd see if he was up for it for the sake of having a lap-book that he had done most of for himself... so I did dotted lines for him to 'write' over to form his letters.  His lines are wobbly, as is to be expected really, but he sat there, little tongue stuck out in concentration, and did the whole jolly lot!  Did he form all the letters correctly?  Nope - but again, I felt it was more important that his first experience of writing was an encouraging one, rather than me insiting that he do it all "properly".  He was so chuffed with himself - he can't wait to show Daddy and the rest of the family... and for Mummy to put it in her blog to show everyone else (Daddy, don't look at the photos!)

That's it for today - I hope all of you lovely Mummies out there get properly spoiled this Sunday (I personally am thinking a lie-in would be nice - but even more than that, to not do any cooking or cleaning all day, AND not have any mess to sort out on Monday.... you're still reading, right 'Daddy'? ;)  Happy weekend, everyone!










6 comments:

  1. Fantastic! He should be chuffed - he's done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caz, it was lovely seeng his proud little face :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! Well done Youngest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rachel! He showed Daddy today - was so cute seeing them snuggled up, reading together :)

      Delete
  3. How cute! Lovely work. By the way, love your mini-bio. I am *so* over reading 'perfect HE' blogs! Glad to know I'm not the only one sensitive to apparent wall-to-wall HE perfection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lily! I like to focus on the positives generally, but I do hope nobody will ever be made to feel inadequate by my blogging. As a friend once said abut blogs: "you have to remember, they're just edited higlights" (I just chuck in a few of the "lowlights" too - for solidarity, and cos they're usually quite entertaining with hindsight!) Hope you continue to enjoy the blog xx

      Delete